Thursday, December 27, 2012

Excited to Have Elvy's Here Again

With much anticipation, they arrived on Monday afternoon to NC.  Pops & Grandma picked them up and brought them directly to our house for family time.  Sadly, I was feeling pretty miserable, but trying to put a happy face on.  

Long story, but after two visits to Urgent Care (Sunday afternoon & Tuesday morning), I was diagnosed with Shingles, Ramsey Hunt syndrome.  The pain was so extreme, I was confident I had a brain tumor.  You think, oh don't exaggerate, but let me tell you, the pain, pressure and swelling on the right side of my head as well as pain in my ear was such that that was my only conclusion.  My hubby did his best to comfort me.  I was also so glad to be surrounded by my family.  There is nothing like having your mom with you when you feel awful, sad, scared and in pain.  Having Elvy's here was just what I needed too.  They have been a huge help, plus nice distraction.  I'm feeling almost 100% at this point.  

Back to their visit......Tuesday afternoon we relaxed at Pops & Grandma's and had a wonderful turkey dinner.  My mom outdid herself again.  The brussel sprouts Melissa made were AMAZING.  I really did say that and mean it.  Hayley gave the girls hair make-overs, played War, watched hilarious You-tube videos.  It was just what I needed.  

Since I wasn't up to it, there has been a lack of pictures so far.  
  
Monday - All us girls + Max

Making cookies

Tuesday - playing with the dough

What a doll with those curls - thanks Hale!

Mom & Dad

Cousins

Ab, Mel, Soph & Hale

Mmmmmmm

Good

One table

The rest of the crew (minus Mom & Me)

Playing games on Kelly's phone



3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun time with family. Sorry to hear about the shingles, how scary and painful! I hear those are not fun AT ALL! :( Glad you are on the mend though, take care! Madie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun visit. So very sorry you got Shingles Bee! That is rough stuff. I hope it clears for you relatively quickly...not fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hope it stays that way. I've heard shingles is terrible. Nice pictures of family!

    ReplyDelete